THIS POLICY APPLIES TO INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- on this Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website; and
- through our mobile applications.
THE POLICY DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY INFORMATION COLLECTED:
- by us offline or through any other means; or
- by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use or provide any information to this Website or on or through any of the features on this Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, phone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website including: 1) personal information that can be used to identify you like your name, Social Security number, and contact information, 2) other information that is about you but does not identify you, like your gender, household, and income, and 3) information about how you use our Website, like information about the devices you use to access our Website and usage details.
We may collect some of this information 1) directly from you when you provide it to us, 2) automatically as you navigate through the Website or use our mobile application, and 3) from third parties as further described in this policy.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE US
We may collect the following information from you when you provide this information to us:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Identification numbers such as your Social Security number, passport identification number, and medical card number.
- Financial information such as credit card information and banking information.
- Account information such as user name, password, and details of transactions you carry out through our Website.
- Profile information like your date of birth, gender, marital status, household information, employment information, income, and other similar information.
- Account preferences information such as subscription and marketing preferences.
- User contributions, such as your public comments and postings on our Website, your responses to surveys, and your correspondence with us.
Some of this information, like your Social Security number, is required by the credit bureau when you create an account with Posit Security Group to verify your identity and to fulfill your requests. Information like your driver’s license number and passport identification number may be required for identity theft prevention services if you choose to sign up to receive those services.
As is true of most websites, when you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically gather information about your device such as your IP address, browser type, browsing actions and patterns, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We do not intentionally collect any information from youth under 13 years of age.
This information helps us improve our Website and deliver a better, more personalized service by enabling us to estimate traffic and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Website. To learn more about automatic data collection technologies we may use, please see Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Present our Website and display content based on your interests such as offers, products, and services.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, such as administer your account, fulfill your orders, and provide you notices about your account or changes to our Website.
- Contact you for customer support and about offers for products and services.
- Send you marketing communications, newsletters, and administer contests and sweepstakes.
- Conduct research and analysis.
- In any other way we may describe to you at the time you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your prior consent.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. We do not share your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information as described in this policy:
- To contractors, services providers, and other third parties to support our business. These parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- To third parties with your prior consent to fulfill the purpose for which you provided it.
- As part of a business transfer, if Posit Security Group is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Posit Security Group. If you submit personal information to any of those websites, their privacy policies govern your information. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any website you visit.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may also use local stored object (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookies setting, visit the Adobe Flash Player settings page.
Google Analytics. Among other service providers, we may use Google Analytics to gather information about how you and others use our Website. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and what links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our Website is used. If you prefer not to have your data used by Google Analytics, please visit the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may also contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and for other related website statistics like recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING-OUT
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please follow one of the two steps below. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
To learn about your options on how your information may be used by tracking technologies, please see Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Public Forums Disclaimer
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas are posted and transmitted at your own risk and may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We urge you to carefully consider your submissions in these public areas and ask you not to share information that could identify you. The information you share in public forums may be viewed by the public or other users of the Website.
CORRECTING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may review and update your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to and update the personal information you have provided to us.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may be entitled to additional rights over your personal information. For more information about those rights and how to exercise them, please see our California privacy notice here, which is incorporated by reference into this policy.
Posit Security Group
1090 Adams Street Ste G
Benicia, CA, United States 94510